[Update: switched all their photos around so most of the links below are messed up now.]
– Brittney Spears’ tight, spiral perm disgusts me.
– My boy, Usher, won for best R&B song. It wasn’t shown. Apparently, it was at a previous ceremony. You had to never blink to see any of the Rap or R&B awards in the sidebar before commercial. How about cutting out some of the bullshit and showing the presentation of some of these awards!?
– JC Chavez was wearing a $2 I Love NY tshirt.
– When the recording academy president, or whatever the hell he fancies himself to be, followed up his tribute to rock and roll life time achievers with a lecture to all of us bad people for downloading and ripping digital music files it made me want to puke. And throw things at the TV. And turn the show off. These suits are so utterly clueless about the future distribution of music. And it was so, so obvious that he’s in bed with the record companies and the RIAA. grrrrrrrr.. I was downloading files as I watched the show, so there, jackass!! I can’t wait for the mp3s of the live performances we saw tonight to be available online!
– It freaked me out to see Craig David looking all hip-hoppish and then opening his mouth and speaking with an English accent.
– Nellie Furtado and Alicia Keys. The sweethearts of the award show. That these two have written songs and sung them with a talent way beyond their 20 years of life experience is amazing to me. When they get on the stage to accept their awards with “Cool!” and “This is the bomb!” we are reminded that they’re just kids.. extremely talented kids.
– Janet Jackson has sick abs.
– Celine Dion looked like a scrawny little crack whore. She retired. She’s been out of the game for years. She should not be in a front row seat. Go back to Canada, Celine, we hate you!
Do you think that maybe I’m just in a bad mood and over tired? Maybe. Maybe not.