Pre-gaming at Gold Star. Julene, Chuck, Rachelle, Justin, Shannon, Erin, Scott, Mike, Margaret, Kevin, Matt. Not pictured: Jim, Michelle, Sam. (Photo by Chuck)
@Emporium Wicker Park
Chuck’s opening remarks.
Q: How many selfies can one take in a night? A: Lots!
With Jen, of Gothamist
With Andrew, of Gapers Block
This logo is burned in my brain.
Chicagoist 10 Year Anniversary Party: The night was EPIC.
– Reconnecting with friends with whom you used to spend every waking moment with either in person or online
– Special guests from New York City
– Hours of free drinks
– Reenacting scandalous 8-year-old photos
– Free Chicagosit merch
– Sending your husband home early
– Endless selfies
– Shots of Fireball that you only discovered you bought (three rounds!) when you find the Fireball soaked receipt in your purse the next day
– Flash Taco (enough said)
– Stolen burritos
– Losing things in the bushes next to your front stoop
– Having to wake the entire household, including your in-laws, because you don’t have your keys
– Finding random things in your pants pockets while doing laundry the next day
I don’t know how 10 years has gone by! I still remember moving to Chicago 10 years ago and Jen and Jake pitching the thought of “starting a site like Gothamist but for Chicago.” I still remember meeting my co-founder, Margaret, at the Starbucks in 444 N. Michigan. And meeting our first two writers at Handlebar and drinking super cheap-o Schlitz. Time flies! People change (we’re going to have a Chicagoist playdate soon), but people are fundamentally the same. I need to be better about getting out and seeing everyone!