Found all this stuff when we were moving. As a teenager I had tons of posters all over my bedroom.
Few things to note:
- The posters are almost equal parts of Teen Beat, Metal Edge, & cute baby animals.
- There are lots of posters of the Coreys – Haim and Feldman. It is clear that I liked Corey Haim more.
- There is a lot of Menudo, GNR, Def Leppard.
- Neal Patrick Harris is looking about 10 years old (or maybe I’m just old now).
- I loved River Phoenix.
- There are only a few New Kids on the Block posters and there are many, many more heavy metal posters and glam rock (?) posters like White Snake, Poison, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue.
- I have Skid Row posters and really was into Sebastian Bach. I even named one of our cats Sebastian.
- There are posters of people I do not remember or recognize at all like Ty Miller? And Andre Gower? Chris Young anyone? Enuff Z’Nuff? Obvs their careers went nowhere.
- Teen stars looked like babies next to the heavy metal guys.
- I had packaging of brands I liked.. Exclamation perfume, A&W root beer. I’d hang this on the wall next to my favorite bands and actors. It occurs to me that this was kind of an old school proclamation of everything I supported.. like you do now on Facebook and MySpace.. but pre-internet. It was my Facebook wall… but it was a literal wall.
- – -
I also drew and doodled a lot and would make little posters of things I liked.
- – -
To incorporate all of this, my cousin Dawn and I made these notebooks where we’d write down lyrics and cut out pictures and paste them in. Kind of like scrapbooking before it was trendy?