Due to popular demand and my recent obsession with RumChata, I decided to make RumChata cupcakes. Also, I just happened to have all of the ingredients and a night free to make them. Perfect. So everyone I saw over the weekend got a cupcake. I brought them to the Association House fundraiser and all my friends loved them. I mean, they weren’t even that drunk and they were declaring them to be the best cupcake they ever had! Paul Baker thought they tasted kind of like oatmeal cookies. I think it’s the vanilla and cinnamon flavors coming through. Others say they taste like cinnamon toast crunch. So. Yes, definitely make these!
From: love. life. & creative things.
Note from rachelleb: This recipe made 18 cupcakes for me. I halved the frosting recipe and it was just enough.
1/2 cup butter (1 stick, at room temperature)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup RumChata
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine sugar & butter and beat until fluffy
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, & cinnamon, set aside
- Mix the RumChata & vanilla together, set aside
- Alternating, add in the flour mixture and RumChata mixture in to the butter and sugar.
- Start and end with the flour mixture.
- In a clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form (this will be easiest in an electric mixer)
- Fold egg whites in to the batter – do not do this in an electric mixer, use a spatula
- Fill cupcake liners
- Bake for 20 minutes
RumChata Cream Cheese Frosting
12 ounces of cream cheese (1 1/2 packages, at room temperature)
1/2 cup of butter (1 stick, at room temperature)
1/2 tsp of vanilla
5 tbsp of RumChata
1 package of confectioners’ sugar (2 lb. bag)
- Combine butter and cream cheese until smooth
- Add vanilla
- Slowly add confectioners’ sugar
- Mix in RumChata
- Frost the cupcakes